Sunday, December 11, 2011

Moscow yard birds - Blue Jay, Townsend's Solitaire, etc.

All -

I've had a Blue Jay (presumably the same one) in my greater neighborhood for about a month now but not often seen/heard. However, in the past week or so I've seen it 3 times around my house and today it has been present all day (in fact I'm watching it out my window now as I type). 

I also had a Townsend's Solitaire in the yard for a while this morning (also seen through the window I'm looking out now) which was nice. There is often one a couple blocks away in a small patch of junipers but not regularly in the yard. These were part of a nice collection of ~100 or so birds (see below) mostly right around my house present this morning (activity has declined noticeably in the past hour). I had a probable Common Redpoll fly over but couldn't get on it (I had a small flock of redpolls a block away Thanksgiving day).

thanks, Charles.

Northern Flicker (Red-shafted)  1
Blue Jay  1
Common Raven  1
Black-capped Chickadee  1
Mountain Chickadee  2
Red-breasted Nuthatch  2
Townsend's Solitaire  1
American Robin  10
European Starling  5
Cedar Waxwing  8
Dark-eyed Junco  25
House Finch  20
House Sparrow  20

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (http://ebird.org)

--
Charles Swift
Moscow, Idaho
46°43′54″ N, 116°59′50″ W
email: chaetura@gmail.com


No comments: